Update #1 Dec 20, 2013 4:04:47 GMT -5
Post by The Church of Satan on Dec 20, 2013 4:04:47 GMT -5
Land Mass Update #1
December 4, 2013
December 4, 2013
As of today, Land Mass is home to a regional forum! I spent numerous hours designing image macros, editing all the essentials to any regional forum. More than that, there is now a constitution for Land Mass! The nations of Land Mass are now subject to clearly defined regional laws, which are available for viewing by anyone registered on our forum. What follows is The Land Mass Declaration in its entirety:
Land Mass Declares
Article 1: Preamble
- This declaration outlines the laws of the region of Land Mass which the government and the citizens are bound to abide by. No law shall contradict this declaration or it shall be deemed null and void.
- Land Mass is the NationStates region Land Mass.
- The official and only forum of Land Mass is here.
- The Land Mass Legion shares these forums and operates as this government sees fit.
Article 2: Citizenship
- Full Citizenship shall be granted to any nation that calls Land Mass its home and pledges their allegiance to it. Full Citizens are part of The Hive Mind, defined in Article 3.
- Ally Citizenship shall also be granted to any members of allied regions. Ally Citizens are not part of The Hive Mind so that foreign governments have no say in regional law.
- Refugee Citizenship shall be granted to all nations seeking asylum.
- A Full Citizen is defined as one who's nation(s) resides in Land Mass indefinitely.
- An Ally Citizen is defined as one who's nation(s) reside in a region other than Land Mass, but is an ally to the region and has joined the forum.
- A Refugee Citizen is defined as one who resides in a foreign region, but must seek asylum elsewhere.
- All citizen applications are subject to a background check by any person(s) designated by the government.
- One may be denied citizenship by The Department of Regional Security at any time. However The Cabinet may reverse the decision by a majority vote. Anyone denied citizenship may appeal the decision as outlined in Article 3.
Article 3: The Hive Mind
- The collective group of the region's Full Citizens shall henceforth be referred to as The Hive Mind in order to symbolize our unity.
- The Hive Mind has the right to discuss regional law, vote for regional law and elect members of The Cabinet.
- For a law to be passed, a majority vote is required. Voting lasts for 1 week or until 2 days without discussion/voting of the law have passed.
- When passing or denying an appeal, a majority vote is required.
- When voting to propose, agree to, or deny a treaty, a majority vote is required.
- A declaration of war requires a 75% majority vote to pass.
- Should an election end in a tie the incumbent retains his/her position. If there is no incumbent, the region's founder breaks the tie.
- Uncontested elections are decided by a majority vote.
Article 4: The WA Delegate
- The delegate is chosen by The Founder.
- The WA delegate may not use the Regional Controls.
- The WA delegate votes on WA resolutions as The Hive Mind decides.
- If The WA delegate submits their resignation or is removed for any reason other than being impeached, as outlined in Article 7, a new election will begin immediately. The duties of the delegate are the sole responsibility of the region's founder until a new delegate is elected.
Article 5: The Cabinet
- The Cabinet is elected by The Hive Mind as outlined in Article 3.
- Officers of The Cabinet are responsible for carrying out the governmental functions of the region.
- A maximum of 3 Officers may exist at any given time.
- A candidate must have the support of 1 Full Citizen to run for a Cabinet position.
- An election begins as soon as a candidate gains the support of 1 Full Citizen.
- If there is a vacant Officer position, one may not impeach another Officer in order to gain the previously filled position.
- An Officer may not impeach another Officer in order to switch positions in The Cabinet.
- All Officers shall be removed from The Cabinet at the start of the final week of April, August and December. New elections will begin immediately.
Article 6: The Department of Regional Security
- The Department of Regional Security is composed of 5 Full Citizens of Land Mass.
- Members of The Department of Regional Security will simply be known as Numbers 1-5. Members are chosen and removed by the region's founder.
- A Full Citizen may call for the removal of a member of The Department of Regional Security. However he/she must publicly state their case to The Hive Mind and explain why a member should be removed. Then a two-thirds majority vote by The Hive Mind is required to remove a member.
- A member serves until resignation, loss of citizenship, or until removal.
- The Department of Regional Security shall be responsible for the approval of citizenship applications, the retraction of citizenship of individuals who are no longer eligible or pose a security risk, and the maintenance of an active list of citizens.
Article 7: Impeachment
- A member of The Cabinet may be removed by a majority vote from The Hive Mind or at the behest of the region's founder if deemed necessary.
- For an impeachment to be official, the one calling for impeachment must also have the support of 2 other Full Citizens.
- In the event a Cabinet member is impeached, an election may begin as soon as the requirements to run are met, as outlined in Article 3.
Article 8: Code of Conduct
- Full Citizens of Land Mass will represent the region in a respectable manner.
- Anyone found guilty of conduct unbecoming of a Full Citizen of Land Mass will be punished according to the severity of their crime.
In other news, Land Mass has sought diplomatic relations with The Rejected Realms, The Founderless Regions Alliance and The British Isles. We of Land Mass hope to join The FRA once we are ready.
Land Mass has taken a defender stance and so long as the founder exists, Land Mass will REMAIN a defender region. Recruitment has begun for Land Mass' regional army, The Land Mass Legion! Yes, it certainly sounds good when you say it, but don't let that handsome face of a name fool you! We intend to grow into a defender force that is to be feared by all invaders!
It is the belief of the government of Land Mass that foreign nations should have no say in another region's laws. That is why we discourage holding governmental positions in any allied region. Suffice to say, no nation of Land Mass shall hold governmental positions in allied regions. We respect the laws of our allies too much to sully them in such a manner.
The Next Week or So
We expect to have most, if not all of our nations registered on our forum within the week. If that is the case, elections will likely be held soon to fill the vacant positions in The Cabinet.